Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Jar 2012

This year’s idea stemmed from an experience I had at school this week. I had a student tentatively approach me with tears streaming down his face. He whispered to me that he hadn’t eaten in 2 days and could he please have one of the study snacks and he would pay us back the next day. I gave him several snacks and told him not to worry about paying it back. I told my kids that night and we gathered several snacks from our house for me to keep at work for students who are hungry. Around this same time I became aware of Waypoint which is a shelter in Cedar Rapids for women and children who are homeless, living in poverty, or victims of domestic abuse. They have a HUGE list of immediate needs. We talked about it as a family and decided this was the way to go. We had so much fun going shopping for food and household items and then delivering them to the shelter that afternoon.

IMG_4860

IMG_4861

IMG_4862

IMG_4863

IMG_4864

IMG_4865

IMG_4866

No comments:

Utah- Part 4