Sunday, December 04, 2011

So, what’s the deal with fire these days?

 

What is metal, rubber, and shouldn’t be microwaved?

Apparently Tyler still isn’t familiar with the fact that metal never goes in the microwave! He put a metal Starbucks cup in and it melted the rubber and actually caught on fire! I told Tyler he so super lucky the whole microwave didn’t explode and burn his face off. He just chuckled and said, “Oh, mom! But it was so awesome!”. Maybe he needs to look into physics for a career?

 

What is hot and makes middle-aged women walk into walls?

I had the MOST embarrassing experience this weekend when some firemen came into the library to check some wiring. They were in almost full gear and one was young and I thought he was “hot”. I proceeded to walk into a wall, knock the stuff of the desk, and tripped over a chair! The worst part? He saw the whole thing! Now, how pathetic is that??

 

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

We did get our tree up. We did our traditional decorating while singing along with the Osmond's Christmas Album. Anyone impressed that ALL my Christmas shopping is done?

IMG_4820

IMG_4821

IMG_4822

IMG_4825

IMG_4827

IMG_4828

IMG_4829

IMG_4832

IMG_4836

It Figures

So, remember last year when Tyler dragged us all to a court of honor all the way across town and he not only didn’t get anything but he wasn’t even supposed to be there! Well, he had another one this week. Bob and I have both been sick with these bad colds and so we decided not to go and when I asked him if he was getting any he said, “Uh, I don’t know”. Well, guess what?? He got 6 merit badges! Way to go, Tyler! Sorry we weren’t there to support! PS- Anyone find it funny that one of the merit badges is fire safety??

IMG_4838

*Also, Marisa new calling is WARD chorister and she did great today!

1 comment:

The Borden Family said...

Just realized I missed this last blog entry. This week has been crazy. So funny about the firesafety merit badge. Even funnier....the walking into a wall while staring at a fireman. I told all my friends (hehe)

Utah- Part 4