Sunday, December 18, 2011

Top Ten Happenings of the Week

Top Ten Happenings of the Week

10. Marisa had her winter orchestra concert this week.

IMG_4852

9. Alayna made the Physical Fitness Honor Roll at school- the only one in her class that made it.

8. Marisa performed with a small group called Poleduris Ensemble at the “Get in the Spirit” show choir extravaganza.

7. Alayna was awarded another PRIDE certificate at school.

6. Four of us were sick this week….booo!

5. Kayla got to dissect a pig. She said hers was speckled and cute. She busied herself with all the paperwork so the rest of the group could do the actual dissection. She doesn’t believe she has a medical future ahead of her.

4. I thought I got my 1st death threat at work this week. Turns out a student left a note on my desk asking me to put a book on hold for her. The title? "Wish you were dead"! Scared me to death, especially since about an hour before that a HORRIBLE scary fight broke out between 2 girls. It took 4 male teachers to hold one of the girls back and she ripped the shirt and pants almost completely off one of them. The cops were called in and they supervised the cafeteria for lunch. See? I wasn’t too far off thinking I was threatened!

3. Alayna had her Grace Notes concert this week. She did an AMAZING job on her solo! Bob will post the video for you to see. I was so proud of her and how brave she is.

201

IMG_4850

IMG_4844

2. Bob and I have been doing weekly dates every week which is something I really look forward too. This week we went to Pancheros for dinner, Cold stone for dessert, went shopping at Kohl’s, and then did the grocery shopping at Walmart. Then we came home, huddled up with the kids downstairs, and watched Survivor. What a stupid season!

1. Tyler found the perfect outfit for Ugly Sweater day at school this week.

IMG_4849

3 comments:

The Borden Family said...

Nice sweater!Good job Alayna-not all of us are that brave. Ewh Kayla, I never had to dissect anything that big. Poor piggie. Marisa looks like she's a college girl already!

CinnaPatty said...

I didn't even know about ugly sweater day??!! That's funny. As for Survivor, I agree!!!!!!!! Ugh.

Angela said...

Yay for Alayna, SO wish we were there to hear her solo. The stinkin talent in your family is SO AMAZING, it just isnt' fair. miss watching survivor with you, even though it was very LAME.

Utah- Part 4