Sunday, February 28, 2016

The aftermath

You could tell I was super tired by Saturday night.  For the reception, I forgot all the cute pens we bought for the tables. I forgot all the drinks, so poor Corey and Hal had to run to the store before the reception to get drinks, cups, and ice.  Then, when the cake was delivered I realized I had forgotten the plates, forks, and napkins, so someone had to run to the store and get those too.  I am one of the most organized people on the planet and all of this was planned for, but I think I was truly in survival mode.  Despite all of that, that day was a beautiful, truly wonderful success and thank you to everyone who helped us out!!!

The next day as we were about to travel out, we heard the freeway was closed again.  By the time breakfast was over, the road had reopened and we were on our way home!  Two of Nina’s kids got sick that day throwing up with that same stomach bug.  Thank goodness they didn't have to fly out until the next day, but by then, poor Tara had it too and literally threw up as she was boarding the plane!!

The next morning, as we were in the hotel breakfast room, I wasn't feeling so hot.  I ended up throwing up my breakfast but I had incredible aim and got it all back in my cereal bowl.  Pretty impressive!  It was a long drive home, and we hot the aftermath of a blizzard by Des Moines.  We counted over 22 cars/trucks off the road in the ditch and half of those were flipped over.  Nothing feels better than getting home and sleeping in my own bed!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4